Step By Step Ways To Optimize Your Website Using The Free SEO Checker- Seobility
With the time passing by, Google is making the SEO process more and more complicated. And that’s the reason why it’s becoming more difficult to rank a website on search results.
There are already so many factors to consider when you are optimizing a website. And based on various factors, you have to decide on getting the right signals that can attract more people and get your website to rank top on the search engine. However, it would not be easy to know which one to prefer first and which one to later on.
If you really want to improve the visibility of your website, you need to consider all SEO factors and make sure to follow all those signals that can make your website rank better in search engines. What you actually need is an SEO checking ability that lets you learn about those signals. And this is where you need the SEO checker tools like Seobility, which allows you to identify all the issues that are holding back your website to get ranked on top spots of search engine result pages.
So, without further ado let’s find out more about how to use the ability of an SEO checker to optimize a website to a certain extent.
Create A Checklist Before SEO audit-
Before diving further into the audit process, you can make some manual checkups to learn about most of the SEO issues of your website. Here are the few things that you should cover in your checklist:
- First, find out whether your website is ranking on its brand-based keywords or not.
- Secondly, make sure that all URL variants 301 redirect to the preferred URL only so that it will not cause duplicate content.
- Check whether the number of indexed pages reported to Google is about right.
- Find out the load time speed of your website on desktop and mobile device both. If it’s taking more time to load, then that can also be one of the reasons why your site is not ranking.
- In 2021, Google announced that Core web vitals is going to be an important ranking factor, which depends on the overall experience of users on the website.
Now that you have checked all these factors and there are no further issues. You are ready for an SEO audit with the best SEO checking- Seobility tool.
SEO Audit With Seobility
There are some tools available (like SEOptimer, Deepcrawl, Linkminer, Siteliner, etc) that give you the ability to check the SEO performance of a website. And Seobility is also one of them. It will not only help you to find out the on-page SEO issues with a website but also allows you to check the individual scores and subscores under each category. Accordingly, you can make changes in your website, which include meta-information, page quality, page structure, link structure, and some other configurations which take part in the SEO improvement checklist of your website.
To use Seobility, get your account and ready to start your website audit process.
- Now open the SEO checker dashboard and tap on the Add project button.
- There you have multiple options to improve your web crawls. But first you need to add your website, give a project title. After filling all the necessary options tap on the button Add project and start crawling.
- Once the crawl is done, you will see the optimization score value of your website along with three subscores- Tech & Mecha, Structure, and Content.
Now basically, you need to fix the issues shown in each subcategory to improve the overall optimization score value of your website.
Fixing Tech & Meta
Most of the technical part of SEO comes under this category only. So, you need to make sure to fix all those issues shown in the Tech & Meta section to improve the optimization score of your website. There can be many different on-page SEO issues that might show up on your Tech & Meta score. Here we have shown some of those issues and how you can fix them.
In most cases, we have seen – generally, many websites have issues with title tags. Some are too short, and some are too long. And there are other factors as well, like the focus keyword included in the title. And if included, then it shouldn’t be repeated multiple times to get it over-optimized.
After fixing the title tags, next is meta description.
Just like the title tag, meta description also has its word limit. And it shouldn’t cross over the limit of 160 characters (with space). Also, you need to make sure that it shouldn’t be too short, less than 50 words. Make sure that the focus keyword has been implemented in the description while it shouldn’t be repeated again and again to make it over-optimized.
Other than that, you might see some other issues. For example, alt text in images, issues with heading (H1, H2, or H3, etc), missing canonical links to avoid duplicate content, inconsistent language declaration, and problematic domain or URLs, etc.
After overcoming these issues, you can move on to page structure and quality of your website.
Page & Link Structure:
The next thing is the Structure score of the website. With a better structure score, search engines can easily go through your website to crawl pages and links of your website. That way, it would be easier for your website to rank on top spots for search engine result pages (SERP).
Here are the things that you can fix to improve the page and link structure of your website.
- Such pages with a distance to the homepage are not easily accessible to the visitors. And that can be one of the reasons why people are leaving your website. To fix this issue, make sure that most of the important web pages could be accessible with one or two clicks only.
- Make sure that there aren’t any broken internal or external links on your pages.
- With time there can be certain changes on a website, and some of the links might also get changed. To fix that, set up 301 redirects from your old URLs to the new ones.
- Most of the time, we have seen that interlinks on webpages are poorly optimized with irrelevant anchors. That can also be the reason for an increasing bounce rate on a website.
- There can be multiple web pages ranking because of the similar anchor. And this can cause anchor text cannibalization in your website, which means that for the same-anchor, two different pages of a website are competing against each other.
So after fixing all these issues, now the final thing is about the quality of your content.
Page Quality: Content Score:
To achieve success for your website, the quality of your content is an important factor. So if you want your webpages to rank on the relevant keywords, here are the things that you can follow.
- Make sure to have long text content on your page
- Try avoiding any kind of duplicate content on your website.
- Optimize the images, videos, and other graphics to make them suitable for mobile viewing.
- All the images should have relevant alt attributes added.
- Avoid any overlay ads that hide your content.
So these are the step-by-step processes to use the Seobility SEO tool to check and optimize the performance of your website. This tool can really help you to find out and overcome many SEO issues while there are some other tools also like SEOptimer, Linkminer, Siteliner, etc that can also help you to improve the on-page SEO of your website.
We hope that the given information will be helpful for you. In case you have any further doubts, please mention them in the comments section. And make sure to share this article with every needed person.